Return to the main page
There is a plain text version here.
- Princeton, MA 01541
Preferred locations: greater Boston (west and north), greater Worcester, southwest Ohio
- Multiprocessor SOC architecture, design, and verification.
Experienced as a technical lead working with teams in multiple
geographies and multiple disciplines.
- AMD64 Design Engineer, 2004 - Present
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Boxboro, MA
- Current role: SOC Architect for AMD's next generation server processor, including writing microarchitectural specifications, identifying die requirements for support of multiple packages and platforms, and making chip-level power and frequency estimates
- Previous roles:
- SOC Co-Architect for AMD's first ARM-based server product, including detailed AMBA interconnect specification for integrated IPs
- SOC Architect for the 2nd generation Bulldozer-based server processor
- RTL lead for the first Bulldozer-based server processor, including writing new infrastructure to support the hardware emulation team, coordinating feature enablement across sub-IPs, and owning the toplevel RTL
- RTL lead for 45nm dual- and quad-core derivative products, including running the feature approval process
- Design verification lead for optimization of AMD64 dual- and quad-core silicon including scan dump analysis, functional issue debug, and speed path isolation
- Full chip verification debug lead for multiple AMD64 designs (K8F, K8G), including supporting the bring-up process on ATE for 65nm processor first silicon
- UltraSPARC V Verification Engineer, 1999 - 2004
Sun Microsystems, Burlington, MA
- Full chip verification of RTL and gate level models of the UltraSPARC V microprocessor.
- Unit-level functional and performance verification of the instruction fetch block.
- Development and support of verification infrastructure, test benches, and random stimulus using verilog, C, perl, and shell scripts.
- Microprocessor microarchitecture: RTL design, Hardware Verification
- Programming Languages: Perl, C, C++, Verilog, MySQL
- Assembly Language: X86, SPARC
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris
- Shell Scripting: bash, ksh
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (thesis, computer area), 1999
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, 1997
- Interests: In my free time, I enjoy gardening and photography.